vendredi 7 mars 2014

taking notes aka compiler targetting your brain ISA

learning better by correlating one domain to another. idea into graphemes. idea into actions, into spoken words, shapes.

remember taking notes in high school. The more I paid attention to formatting the better I learned. First I pruned the content. Similar to the original meaning of lecture, I sorted and picked words differently. IIRC it was mostly based about the "newness" of a subpart of the concept discussed. The less I understand it, the more carefull I'll be when writing it down, the more space I'll allocate to this part. It's a differential overlay of my brain. The format was important too, even though I despise the term format for it's superficial conotation, it is a reflection of relationships between ideas. Most of the time it's nested (up down dimension). But there's also aside dimensions which made me use colors to denote comments or any kind of lateral relationship. In the end it looked like the handwritten projection of a DAG into a yaml/xml structure. Maybe the term ontology would fit.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire