jeudi 16 mai 2013

DELL 4500s from the forest - chapter 3 : the install-partying

So that old DELL 4500s runs. I also found an recent (using systemd) archlinux live cd so I can enjoy a more modern driver set and OS utils. But it can't boot usb, so I'll have to find another persistant storage device, namely : a hard drive. No problem, I have a dozen hard drive sleeping under my bed. Except half of them are < 4G or SATA, all but one [ex IBM] Hitachi Deskstar 80GB (you know, the model just after the Hitachi DeathStar 60GB failure generators). One empty slot in the partition table, 7GB+ of capacity, perfect. That doesn't solve the boot issue, I don't have a spare partition for grub. I'll try to bootstrap the boot from the live cd. I'm in the mood for some serious bad idea attempts tonight.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire